In case you haven't' heard, Super Bowl XLVIII is coming to televisions near you this weekend. And whether you're in it for the game, the neighborhood party, or the commercials, the Super Bowl is a fun game to watch with family and friends. Even if your kids aren't football-fanatics, you can keep them entertained and part of the fun with crafts, games, and activities that help them follow along.
Here's how to have some Super Bowl Sunday fun with the whole family:
1. Face paints. Get kids in the spirit for the big game with a variety of face paint ideas. If you have a wide range of kids at your party, let older kids paint the faces of the younger ones. Kids can paint a football or a firework on their cheeks or go full-face paint in their favorite team's colors.
2. Decorations. Have a small table set aside both before and during the party that kids can use to make football-themed decorations. You don't need anything fancy - just crayons, paper, scissors, and glue ought to do it. Kids can make decorations to hang up during the party, a sign for their favorite team, or draw a picture of rainbows and unicorns of they need a little escape from the game.
3. Host a paper football tournament. During the commercials (or during the game if the commercials are more your thing,) host a paper football tournament for kids and adults. If you've never played, you can watch a lengthy - but info-loaded - tutorial here. Keep track of the scores throughout the evening and be sure to hand out prizes to the champ.
4. Play bingo. Keep the kids interested throughout the night with fun football-themed bingo. You can find free printable cards online- try this one to follow the game, or this one if you'd rather play using
5. Make a game room. If the game is slow, kids are bound to get bored. Set out some games, cards, and other toys in another room to jump start spontaneous play and give kids a break from the television.
Are you ready for some football?
Related posts on MNN:
- Football team befriends bullied girl
- Seattle football fans rock the house - and the Earth
- The only Super Bowl recipes you'll need
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.