Got a high school grad interested in pursuing an environmental career? A few months ago, I wrote a post about 10 colleges and universities that offer excellent eco-degrees for under $10K. But these aren't the only colleges that offer environmental programs. Edwards Fiske, author of the Fiske Guide to Colleges and former Education Editor of the New York Times recently released his picks for the top 10 universities that offer outstanding undergraduate environmental study programs. Here are the schools that toped his list:
- Colby College – In small-town Maine, an ideal perch to study the environment.
- College of the Atlantic – Tiny college for alternative types that is totally devoted to human ecology.
- University of California, Davis –Renowned for its research and innovation in the environmental, agricultural and biological sciences.
- University of Colorado at Boulder – There is no bigger draw than Boulder for the nation’s green movement.
- Dartmouth College – The Ivy League’s only rural outpost, and its leading program in environmental studies.
- Eckerd College – Small college near St. Petersburg with its own stretch of Gulf Coast beach.
- Evergreen State College – Epicenter of all things green in the Pacific Northwest.
- University of North Carolina at Asheville – Set among the North Carolina mountains
- Tulane University – After Hurricane Katrina, Tulane stepped up its game.\
- University of Washington – Leader in the study of the environment in the seas as well as on land.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.