Ironically, Crispy Bacon ODs on blood pressure meds
From installing baby gates to adding child-safety locks, the Praus-Choe family had taken several measures to create safe zones for Crispy Bacon, their potbellied pig. But Crispy managed to knock over a table and ingest dangerous amounts of prescription medication, including beta blockers. When he began to vomit, they rushed Crispy to an emergency vet for IV fluids and a charcoal treatment.
Pet tip: Accidental drug overdose is the most common toxicity claim among companion animals, according to VPI. Place potentially dangerous items out of paws' (or hooves') reach.