Pebbles' road trip takes a bad turn
Leann Munro knew that Pebbles, her domestic shorthair, had a thirst for adventure. But she was shocked when veterinarians called from a hospital 15 miles from her home. Pebbles had unwittingly hitched a ride under the hood of a car, where he suffered a broken jaw and several severe lacerations. Surgery included several sutures and a wire to reinforce the cat’s jaw. Without insurance — or a microchip — Pebbles may have been euthanized.
Pet tip: Invest in a microchip, and consider pet insurance for animals that have a penchant for exploring the great outdoors.