How much do you know about these headline-grabbing pets?
Score: 0 15
Question: 0 of 15
Question: 0 of 15
Score: 0 15
Colonel Meow is a Himalayan-Persian crossbreed with 9-inch long fur and a reputation as a scotch-loving dictator.
- Sir Sheds-A-Lot
- Colonel Meow
The Guisachan Gathering, a festival of all things golden retriever, took place in July 2013 and set a new canine attendance record with 222 dogs.
- Dyeing their hair blond.
- Organizing the largest parade of goldens.
- Changing Scotland's national animal from the unicorn to the golden retriever.
- Gathering 222 goldens at the home of the first breeder.
The misspelled name was bestowed on the cat by her 10-year-old owner, who said the cat's speckled fur reminded her of the condiment.
- Nyan Cat
- Tardar Sauce
Hank actually ran for the Virginia Senate in 2012. He ran as an independent candidate and supported spaying-and-neutering programs.
- Hank the cat of Fairfax, Va., who served despite allegations of catnip abuse
- Lucy Lou, a border collie who beat a cat in Rabbit Hash, Ky.
- Clay Henry III, a beer-drinking goat from Lajitas, Texas
- Stubbs the cat of Talkeetna, Alaska, who survived an assassination attempt by a dog.
Higgins was rescued from a shelter by an animal trainer and made his debut on "Petticoat Junction.” He appeared in six of the show’s seven seasons.
- "Lost In Space"
- "Leave It To Beaver"
- "Petticoat Junction"
Sinbad served in the U.S. Coast Guard aboard USCG Cutter George W. Campbell, and he even saw combat during World War II.
- Coast Guard
- Air Force
Unfortunately, Operation Acoustic Kitty was a failure. The cat was released outside a Soviet compound in Washington, D.C., during the 1960s and was hit and killed by a taxi.
- Replacing a Soviet general’s cat with a lookalike with a camera collar
- Training it to steal documents from Soviet bases
- Transforming it into a bugging device — complete with tail antennae
- Teaching it to understand and respond to certain Russian keywords
Norman the Scooter Dog also rides a bicycle and loads his own dishes in the dishwasher.
- A scooter
- A horse
- A skateboard
- A motorcycle
Queen's frontman loved his cats. He even called home to talk to them while on tour and dedicated his first solo album to "all the cat lovers across the universe."
- Paul McCartney
- Dolly Parton
- Freddie Mercury
- Cat Stevens
Puggy's 4.5-inch tongue is so long that it hangs out his mouth and he even chews with it.
- He has the world's longest dog tongue.
- He can fit five Frisbees in his mouth.
- He has the most teeth of any dog.
- He ate 12 hot dogs in one minute.
Lucky was a little too spirited for presidential living, so she moved to Reagan’s vacation ranch near Santa Barbara, Calif.
- She had too many accidents in the Oval Office.
- She dragged him across the lawn in front of Margaret Thatcher.
- She had a higher approval rating than he did.
- She preferred the company of former President Jimmy Carter.
Humphrey took numerous photos of Maddie balancing on everything from soup cans to fence posts and turned them into a book titled “Maddie On Things.”
- Ride a bicycle
- Keep perfect rhythm
- Solve simple math problems
- Balance on virtually any object
The pup's name is derived from the Latin word for wolf. Since the royal couple adopted the pup, the U.K. has reported an increase in cocker spaniel thefts.
Anastasia's first professional balloon popping performance was on the Miss Dog Pageant.
"Lil Bub & Friendz" premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. The frowning feline known as Grumpy Cat will also be making her movie debut soon.
- Keyboard Cat
- Grumpy Cat
- Lil Bub
OUR FAVORITE STORIES
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- What your blood type says about you
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen