School bus safety tips
- Arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before it's due.
- Wait for the bus in a safe place, out of the stray and as far away from the road as possible.
- If your child has to cross a street to get to the bus, make sure she waits until the bus has come to a complete stop and the flashing red lights have been turned on.
- Tell the bus driver if something rolls or is blown under the bus. Never try to retrieve it without alerting the driver first.
- Keep hands, head and feet inside the bus at all times.
- Pick a seat and stay there for the duration of your ride.
- Never, ever play with the emergency exits.