School bus safety tips
- Arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before it's due.
- Wait for the bus in a safe place, out of the stray and as far away from the road as possible.
- If your child has to cross a street to get to the bus, make sure she waits until the bus has come to a complete stop and the flashing red lights have been turned on.
- Tell the bus driver if something rolls or is blown under the bus. Never try to retrieve it without alerting the driver first.
- Keep hands, head and feet inside the bus at all times.
- Pick a seat and stay there for the duration of your ride.
- Never, ever play with the emergency exits.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.