10 last-minute local gifts for food lovers
- CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) membership
- Cooking class at a local cooking school/store
- Bottle of dessert wine from a local winery
- A growler of beer from a local brew pub
- Tickets to a walking food tour in a nearby city
- A gift certificate to a local, independent restaurant that supports local farms
- Real maple syrup
- Locally made cheese
- A local restaurant’s cookbook. (Most restaurants that have cookbooks sell them at the restaurant.)
- A pound of coffee from your local, independent coffee house — if it’s locally roasted coffee, all the better.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.