Our days are increasingly clouded, sometimes windy, and the air is crisp. These are the perfect days to enjoy a hot drink, a drink that warms you down to your toes. I prefer to avoid the many ultra-sugary hot drinks out there, and instead stay with the more simple basic hot drinks when out. Or, even better, make my own at home.
Here are some healthier recipes that you also just might find hitting the spot on a beautiful fall day.
- Five healthy hot cocoa recipes: These healthier versions of hot cocoa are full of antioxidants and gently sweetened. You can also read here about why hot chocolate can be so good for you too!
- Mexican Hot Chocolate: Of course, you can always try your hot chocolate with a little spice too! Or try this sucanat sweetened version here.
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte: This is my latest favorite. So good!
- Pumpkin Warmer: Another hot drink that utilizes pumpkin — without the coffee — is this simple drink.
- Warm Cardamom Honey Milk: This is the perfect soothing treat to warm you up and get you relaxed.
- Rooibos Chai Tea Cocentrate: Keep this concentrate on hand, and you can make yourself an easy cup of chai just how you like it whenever you like.
- Look people, it’s never to early to start drinking eggnog in my opinion. But what about enjoying it hot? This Eggnog Latte may just hit the spot for you!
- Hot Buttered Lemonade: I may try this will a little honey instead of the sugar, for an ultra soothing hot drink.
- Hot Spiced Wine: Go old school with this recipe.
- Robin shares three eco-friendly hot drinks here: Hot Apple Cider Steudel drink, anyone?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.