I love the Academy Awards (even if, sadly, I've only seen one of the nominated movies this year). I’m looking forward to my friend Challey’s Oscar party this Sunday night. The best part of an Oscar party, aside from critiquing the gowns, is the good food and drinks. I’m not sure what I’m bringing to share yet, but I know I can find plenty of delicious choices right here in MNN’s archives.
If you’re putting together an entire Oscar party but still don’t know what’s on the menu, or you just need to bring a dish or beverage to share to someone else’s party, you’re sure to find something here, too.
- 7 organic Champagne cocktails to drink along with the stars
- Organic rosé wine that’s nothing like the White Zinfandel you drank in college
- 8 organic wines that won’t break the bank
- Best beer for eco-friendly drinkers because not everyone drinks wine and champagne
- 3 eco-improved adult hot beverages in case you’re in a part of the country that’s still in a deep freeze
- Roasted Red Peppers with Vinaigrette on rustic bread
- 5 healthy appetizers originally meant for New Year’s Eve but would work well at an Oscar party
- Homemade ranch dressing and dip for crudité or salad
- Cajun Calamari that’s sustainable
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef for a make your own taco bar
- Minestrone soup for a hearty, chock full of vegetables offering
- Black Bean and Beef Chili to serve with cornbread on the side
- Stove popped popcorn because we all know popcorn and movies go hand and hand
- Almond chocolate covered pretzels that are super easy to make
- Homemade peanut butter granola bars that will please all the kids at the party
- DIY organic biscotti with chocolate chips for the end of the evening when the coffee comes out
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.