When I made Drunken Cherry Lemonade last week, I had plenty of cherry simple syrup left over. I've been wanting to play around with creating a shandy, a drink that is traditionally beer and lemonade mixed together. I put a little twist on the tradition and created a Cherry-Lemon Shandy. It's a refreshing beer cocktail. Try serving this to your non-beer drinking friends. For them, it just might be a gateway drink to good beer.
This is a wonderful summer drink that won't get you too tipsy, unless you drink several of them quickly.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 oz. cherry simple syrup (see Drunken Cherry Lemonade recipe for cherry simple syrup recipe)
- 1/2 oz. plain simple syrup
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. lemon-flavored club soda
- About 5 oz. of a light, citrus fruit-forward beer (I used Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewing)
- In a glass that will hold 10 oz. of liquid plus ice, fill halfway with ice.
- Add the syrups, lemon juice and club soda to the glass. Stir well.
- Top with the beer and stir slightly, just to mix together.
Related on MNN:
- 5 watermelon cocktails
- 4 cocktails made with beer
- Why you should keep simple syrup on hand this summer