Father's Day meals: Cooking with beer
- Mussels Steamed in Wheat Beer – Use environmentally sustainable farmed mussels for this recipe and an organic wheat beer like New Belgium’s Mothership Wit.
- Cheese and Beer Bread – Go for a good cheddar like Cabot’s Seriously Sharp for this bread. The recipe calls for any beer, but remember the stronger tasting the beer you add to the bread, the stronger the flavor will be in the finished loaf.
- Cod Baked in Cider – Okay, technically this isn’t a beer recipe, but it does call for hard cider. Try using Northern Natural’s Organic Hard Cider or J.K.’s Scrumpy Organic Hard Cider.
- Beer Butt Rosemary Chicken – You need a can, not a bottle, of beer for this recipe that literally sticks the can up the chicken’s backside. There are actually beer butt chicken stands you can buy to keep your chicken from toppling over, but they aren’t necessary. Head to the farmers market for the rosemary, onion, new potatoes, and perhaps even the chicken for this easy recipe. Young children will love telling their Daddy that they’ll be having beer butt chicken for dinner.
- Zesty Barbeque Marinade – A really spicy BBQ sauce for beef, chicken or pork. Try this with your favorite beer from a local brewery.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.