Fetzer Vineyards does it again
- A reduction in landfill waste over the past two decades by 96 percent. In 1990 they sent 1,724 tons of waste to the landfill. By 2008, they had reduced that amount to 58.8 tons.
- 968 tons of glass, cardboard, paper, plastics, metal, pallets, barrels and other items got recycled.
- 2,500 tons of compost and mulch were created from vineyard waste.
- In 2008, Fetzer reduced the average weight of their wine bottles by 14 percent.
- Get a six compartment reusable wine tote and take it to the wine store each time so you don’t need to take bags.
- Recycle the wine bottles.
- Recycle the wine corks.
Do you drink Fetzer wines? Let me know which of their wines you enjoy in the comments below.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.