First, I told you that “Gourmet” magazine was going to be no more. Last year, Conde Nast decided to quit publishing the respected food and wine magazine. Then, the announcement was made earlier this year that “Gourmet” would return in digital format as an iPad app called Gourmet Live.
Now, according to The New York Times, “Gourmet” will be seen on newsstands once again — a third life — but it will appear much less frequently than the original.
The publisher said this morning that it will produce three “special edition” magazines built around recipes that were published in Gourmet before its demise last year. The first, called Gourmet Quick Kitchen, is made up of 81 fast recipes, freshened up with new photography, kitchen hints and menus that suggest wine pairings. Edited by one old Gourmet hand, Kempe Minifie, along with Catherine Kelley, the 128-page magazine goes on sale at some newsstands and at the Condé Nast store on Sept. 7 for $10.99.