It’s Wednesday afternoon, and I’m busy preparing for tomorrow’s big feast. I’ll be taking the next couple of days off and enjoying a long weekend. Here are a few food-related items to keep you reading over the long weekend.
- Obama Foodorama has details about Sarah Palin criticizing Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Campaign.
- Wasted Food wants us to not be wasteful while we’re being thankful this holiday season and has tips for not wasting food. The site is also looking for your ideas for not wasting food.
- Speaking of not wasting food, last year I pointed you to several Thanksgiving leftover recipes for turkey, mashed potatoes, and rolls, including everyone's favorite Thanksgiving sandwich (pictured above). It's worth checking out again this year.
- Google has partnered with Ina Garten to bring us six simple, last-minute Thanksgiving recipes.
- Looks like the fast-food toy ban in San Francisco will stick. The people voted for it; the mayor vetoed it; the city supervisors overrode the veto.
- One of my favorite websites, Book Closeouts, is having a big sale. Many books, including many food and wine books, are 50 percent off already reduced prices between now and Nov. 30. They also are offering free shipping on orders of $35.
- My friends at Organic Wine Review are having their readers (watchers?) vote on the best organic wines of the year. This week they are voting on the best white wine. Look to the right of their website for the poll.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Image: Matt Callow