I usually think of Sangria as a summer drink, but it can be served any time of year. CalNaturale sent me a Winter Sangria recipe, and I thought I’d share it with you. I reviewed CalNaturale’s wines a while back. CalNaturale makes organic wines packaged in Tetra-Paks that hold 1/3 more wine than the average glass bottle.
- 1 carton of red CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 navel orange, halved and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 cup seltzer, chilled
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- In a pitcher, combine the wine, pomegranate seeds, orange, apple and maple syrup; refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Stir in the seltzer and ginger ale. Serve over ice.
What beverages do you serve during the holidays that are different?