I usually think of Sangria as a summer drink, but it can be served any time of year. CalNaturale sent me a Winter Sangria recipe, and I thought I’d share it with you. I reviewed CalNaturale’s wines a while back. CalNaturale makes organic wines packaged in Tetra-Paks that hold 1/3 more wine than the average glass bottle.
- 1 carton of red CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 navel orange, halved and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 cup seltzer, chilled
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- In a pitcher, combine the wine, pomegranate seeds, orange, apple and maple syrup; refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Stir in the seltzer and ginger ale. Serve over ice.
What beverages do you serve during the holidays that are different?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.