Are you looking for something a little different to drink this weekend? Grab that huge watermelon out of your refrigerator and raid your liquor cabinet. I have five watermelon cocktail recipes that are perfect for summer sipping.
- Watermelon Gin Fizz – As a lover of gin drinks, this recipe really appeals to me. Lime and ginger ale are added to pureed watermelon and gin. This looks like a refreshing summer cocktail, and the gin can be omitted so the kids can enjoy it, too.
- Watermelon Vodka Slush – Part drink, part frozen treat, simple syrup, melon liqueur, lemon juice and generous amount of vodka are blended with frozen watermelon cubes and served in martini glasses. Definitely not for the kids.
- Watermelon Punch – A rum punch with watermelon puree, fresh lime, and fresh mint. Great for brunch.
- Watermelon Margarita – A frozen margarita made with fresh watermelon and traditional margarita mixers – a nice Friday night summer margarita that's a refreshing change of pace.
- Watermelon Bellini – Breakfast, brunch or anytime, this fresh drink is made with watermelon, sugar, lemon juice and Prosecco or other sparkling wine. Cheers!
Do you make a special cocktail with watermelon? Share your recipe, please.
Related watermelon stories on MNN: Watermelon lowers blood pressure, study finds
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.