Photo courtesy of American Express
A day to come together in support of the small businesses we love.The shops and restaurants that employ our neighbors and reinvest our money close to home.The businesses that are the heartbeat of our communities and local economies.
- Cookbooks from independent or secondhand bookstores
- Wine or beer from wineries or breweries in your region
- A Community Supported Agriculture membership for next year from a local farm
- Jarred, preserved foods bought at a local farm market.
- Gift certificate to an independent restaurant.
- A large, galvanized bucket from an independent hardware store that can be used as a beverage bucket. (Fill it with some of the wine or beer you bought.)
- A pound of great coffee from the local coffee house
- Treats from an independent bakery to take to the office party
What other food/cooking related items can you think of that you can buy from small businesses this holiday season?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.