Sustainable stouts for St. Patrick's Day
- Long Trail Coffee Stout – I told you about this coffee stout some time back. Long Trail Brewing Co. in Vermont uses fair trade, organic coffee in this stout that’s made by sustainable methods.
- Organic Raven’s Eye Imperial Stout - A multi-award winning stout from Eel River Brewing Company in California.
- Pisgah Brewing Company’s Nitro Stout – This organic stout from a North Carolina brewery aims to imitate famous stouts from the British Isles.
- Old Plowshare – North Coast Brewing Co. in California makes this Celtic-style certified organic stout.
- Dogfish Head Chicory Stout – Local to me Dogfish Head Brewery in Delaware has this seasonal stout with organic coffee.
If you come across any of these stouts today while you’re out celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, give them a shot, or should I say give them a pour.