Weekend reads: A little bit of everything
- Perhaps this will explain why I was so angry about the mix up at Weight Watchers (look at that, apparently, I haven’t moved away from it). Time reports that the self-control needed for dieting “leads people to become irritable and aggressive at inappropriate times.”
- Slate has an interesting piece on whether or not organic wine is good for the environment. The answer, it seems, is quite complicated.
- A while back I told you about Google’s new Recipe Search. Food52 has a few thoughts about the search feature, specifically about how it favors the large food sites and might not lead searchers to the best recipes.
- Don’t be a quitter — at least not a coffee quitter. Eating Well had 5 good reasons not to quit coffee, and I’ll cling to every last one of them if someone tries to convince me my morning coffee(s) is a bad habit.
- The Chicago Tribune recalls Elizabeth Taylor’s food and feasting. I’ve been inspired to cook the Chasen’s Chili mentioned in the piece this weekend, and if it’s any good, I’ll tell you about it next week.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.