Weekend reads: Getting ready for Valentine's Day
- The Daily Green lets us know about the best organic red wines they’ve tried. Before you head to the wine store for a bottle for this Valentine’s Day, take a look at their recommendations.
- If you’re considering going to the movies or renting a movie this Valentine’s Day, The Herald News has a list of current movies and what choosing them might convey. For instance, if you’re looking for warning signs that your relationship is going wrong, watch “Blue Valentine.” However, if you want to convey that love is worth fighting for, catch “Tangled.”
- I like this list of Top 10 Ways to Save this Valentine’s Day. We eat in on Valentine’s Day and don’t spend a lot of money on it, so I’m all for making it special but inexpensive.
- And here’s why we eat in on Valentine’s Day. All News Wire reports that 70 million people dine out on Feb. 14! That’s about one-third of American consumers.
- If you want to eat in, but you’re not sure what to make, check out these Valentine’s Day recipes. There are some vegetarian options in there if you want to stick with your meatless Monday commitment.
- Finally, if you’re considering planning a meal around foods that are supposed to be aphrodisiacs, MNN’s own Matt Hickman has some sound advice for you. See what he thinks about sensual meal-planning tips for amorous foodies.
Image: Matt Callow
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.