I’m back on track, baby! Two weeks ago I reported that at my Weight Watchers weigh in I had gained 3 pounds. I was quite discouraged and felt like giving up, but I didn’t. I’m happy to report that at my weigh-in this week, I lost 2.5 pounds. I’ve lost 15.4 pounds in total so far, and I seem to have a renewed enthusiasm for losing weight — one that I haven’t had in about a month.
- NPR has a story about a jelly bean with an image of Kate Middleton on it that’s being auctioned on eBay. I have to say, it’s extremely silly, but it does kind of look like her. Judge for yourself.
- If the jelly bean doesn’t get you laughing, perhaps this full-sized refrigerator with Kate and Williams' photo on it. I’m not kidding. Time reports that UK GE Facebook page fans actually voted for which photo to use.
- England’s Castle Rock Brewery is bottling its Kiss Me Kate Beer that they brewed in honor of the royal couple.
- While a beer in honor of the royal couple might not be all that silly, this certainly is. For those who drink a little too much Kiss me Kate (or any other celebratory beverage), designer Lydia Leith has created the Royal Wedding Sick Bag for those who have “throne up.”
- Lastly, how about novelty teabags with images of Kate and William on them that sit on the edge of your tea cup. Donkey Products has created the Kate and William greeting card with two teabags. Sounds like the perfect hostess gift for my friend Rita.
Image: Matt Callow