Weekend reads: The online community helps Japan
- The Sushi Day Store is donating all its proceeds from this month from its sales of Sushi Day shirts and sushi kits.
- Red White Unite is organizing a group of restaurants in Seattle to donate 10 percent of their total sales on April 6 to Peace Winds America who will use it help Japan.
- Staple News has a video about a noodle shop owner in Japan who lost his home, but he’s serving customers free noodles in his restaurant.
- On Ciao Samin, the blog that organized a bake sale during the Haiti last year and raised $23,000, a bake sale for Japan on April 2 is being organized.
- Prima Restaurant in Walnut Creek, California will hold an online and in-store silent wine auction on March 23. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated to help Japan.
Image: Matt Callow
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.