What to drink this weekend: Garden Variety cocktail
Image courtesy of Prairie Organic Spirits
- 2 oz Prairie Organics Cucumber Flavored Vodka
- 2 1-inch cubes of seedless watermelon
- 1 diced lime (bitter ends removed)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 cucumber slice
- Add watermelon and lime to a shaker. Muddle.
- Add the cucumber vodka and simple syrup.
- Fill shaker with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Serve in a lowball glass over ice with a lightly salted rim.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
- The original recipe called for 1 oz. of organic agave nectar instead of simple syrup. I only had dark agave, and I don’t like that in cocktails so I grabbed the simple syrup from my refrigerator.
- The original recipe didn’t say to muddle the watermelon and lime, but it seemed like the right thing to do. So I did.
- The photo above is from Prairie Organics. My actual drink came out a much lighter pink than the ones in the photo. I didn’t care about the color, though. I only cared about the taste.
- You can make your own cucumber infused vodka, but it can take up to a week to make. It won’t be ready to make this cocktail for National Watermelon Day, but there is still plenty of summer left for it to be worth your while.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.