Happy Friday afternoon! I played around with some watermelon and vodka to create today’s summery cocktail. I made two versions of it - one with simple syrup and one with honeysuckle syrup. There wasn’t a discernable difference between the two because it’s the watermelon flavor that’s most prominent in this drink. The two sweeteners are interchangeable in this drink.
The watermelon juice for the drink is simple to make. Cut up some watermelon. Use a blender or stick blender to turn it into mush. Pass it though a sieve to get rid of any seeds and smooth it out. Easy peasy.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka (I used Prairie Organic)
- 1 oz watermelon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup or honeysuckle syrup
- juice of 1/4 of a large lemon
- ginger ale
- Fill a 10 oz tall glass with ice.
- Add watermelon juice, simple syrup and lemon juice. Fill to top of glass with ginger ale. Stir gently with a cocktail spoon.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Also on MNN
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.