Mixing seasonal fruit with red wine will make your taste buds say olé.
- 1 lemon quartered and halved
- 1 orange quartered and halved
- 1 lime quartered and halved
- 6 ounces simple syrup
- 1 750-milliliter bottle red wine
- 6 ounces brandy
- 6 ounces fresh orange juice
- 8-10 wedges lime, lemon, orange, apple
- 12 ounces ginger ale
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Place quartered lemon, lime and orange into large pitcher. Muddle with long wooden spoon, pressing fruit against edge of glass container. Add simple syrup (see Shandy), wine, brandy and orange juice. Stir well. Refrigerate no less than 3 hours but no more than 24 hours before serving to allow flavors to fuse.
- Serve over ice with wedges. Add a splash of ginger ale to taste.
Yield: 6 large glasses