A variation of a classic no-fuss, no-muss cocktail with a distinct flavor that's both sharp and sweet. You can use the remaining syrup in any drink where a citrus base is required.
- 6 plump limes, zested and juiced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, chilled
- 1 lime wedge, optional garnish
Prep time: 42 minutes
Total time: 42 minutes
- Zest limes with vegetable peeler. Set peels aside. Use the remaining limes for juice.
- Pour 1/2 cup lime juice into saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar as juice begins to boil. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place zest in pan and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain syrup into a sealable container and refrigerate.
- Combine 1 1/2 ounces chilled lime syrup and vodka in sealable glass jar with ice. Shake well. Strain into cocktail glass.
Yield: 1 drink