Bridges the divide between BBQ and cocktail cultures for people on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border.
- 1 pound vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, seeded
- Dash sea salt, to taste
- Dash black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, halved
- 24 ounces lager or pilsner beer
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, optional garnish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour of refrigeration
- Cut fresh ingredients to size: tomatoes, onion, celery, jalapeno. Juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 1 cup. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to fuse.
- Rim a beer glass with sea salt. Slowly pour beer into tilted glass, about 2/3 full. Top with tomato juice. Add lime.
Yield: 2 large drinks