Savored and sipped, at first bracing then sweet, a hot toddy takes on the complexity of the ingredients the closer you get to the bottom.
Prep time: 4 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag tea, preferably green jasmine
- 1 lemon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon, halved
- Add honey to the base of mug or glass. Add rum.
- Bring water to boil. Remove from heat. Add teabag and cover for 2 to 3 minutes.
- While tea steeps, make 2 incisions in lemon about 1/6 inch apart. Insert cloves in rind and cut into a wheel. (You can cut the rest into wedges for an optional garnish.)
- Pour tea into glass or mug. Add lemon and cinnamon stick. Stir and sip.