It's like winter in a glass without stepping outside, which makes it all the more refreshing in balmy places like Southern California.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes, plus refrigeration
Yield: 6-8 short glasses
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 2 tart apples, Granny Smith or Braeburn
- 2 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 3 cups light white wine such as Pinot Grigio
- Several sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- Add the lemon, lime and cranberries and apples to a 2-quart pitcher. Sprinkle with sugar and add triple sec. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes. Add white wine. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Dunk rosemary sprigs in simple syrup. Remove and sprinkle with sugar. Place in a warm, dry location.
- Add lemon-lime soda to pitcher. Stir and serve with rosemary sprigs as garnish.