Ginger Tea Punch
- 6 cups filtered water
- 6 bags green tea
- 2 thumb-sized sections fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Handful ice cubes
- Splash club soda, to taste
- Wedge lemon, optional garnish
- Sprig mint, optional garnish
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1 hour with refrigeration
- Bring water to rapid boil in saucepan. Remove from heat. Add tea, ginger, honey, mint and lemon juice. Stir, cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Allow to cool about 20 minutes or until it reaches room temperature.
- Strain contents into large pitcher. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Pour tea into glasses over ice. Top with club soda to taste.
Yield: Makes 6-8 drinks