Moroccan Mint Tea
A deceptively simple light tea that will have your taste buds humming.
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 bundle fresh mint springs, stemmed and torn
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 bags green tea
- Handful ice
- Pinch fresh mint leaves, garnish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes to allow cooling
- Bring water to a boil in saucepan, about five minutes.
- While water heats, rinse sprigs under cold water and trim ends. Remove 15 to 20 leaves from sprigs and tear into small pieces.
- Place torn leaves, sugar and green tea in a French press coffee maker.
- Add hot water. Steep contents for several minutes until contents turn light shade of green. Compress plunger to filter ingredients. Allow to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Pour tea into glasses over ice. Add mint.
Yield: Makes 4-6 cups