For fall: Carrot and Apple Smoothie
Carrots are cool weather crops, making their appearance in the fall, just in time for apple season.
Carrot and Apple Smoothie
- 1 pound organic carrots, rinsed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, cored
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Juice carrots. Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine carrot juice, apple juice, yogurt and ice cubes in blender. Process until contents are smooth, about 1 minute. Add cored apple and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
Yield: Makes 2 smoothies