For late summer: Fig Smoothie
Late-summer figs picked straight from the garden are succulent, bite-sized fruit bombs.
- 4 fresh figs, halved
- 1 banana, previously peeled and frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces vanilla soy milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Sprinkle coconut flakes (optional garnish)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Combine figs, banana, ice cubes and yogurt in a blender. Puree contents until smooth, about 1 minute. Add soy milk to thin and honey to sweeten.
Yield: Makes 2 smoothies