Ginger Beer Cooler
Ideal for sweltering summer afternoons, Ginger Beer Coolers are packed with enough zing to make your taste buds tingle.
Prep time: 30 minutes plus refrigeration
- 1 cup brown cane sugar
- 3 cups water
- Zest of two limes
- 4 ounces fresh ginger, grated or chopped
- 1 22 ounce beer, preferably pilsner or lager
- To make simple cane syrup, bring three cups of water to boil, add cane sugar. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, let stand until cool.
- Zest limes.
- Chop raw ginger into small chunks. Mince in blender set to pulse.
- Combine the ginger, zest, cane syrup in a large glass container. Shake well then chill.
- Using a strainer pour, into a tall glass till half full. Top with cold beer.