Lemon-cello is the lovechild of two classic recipes, real lemonade and Limoncello. Swapping simple syrup for granulated sugar ensures this marvel of citrus will be sweet and tangy from the top of the rim to the bottom of the glass.
Prep time: 20 minutes plus refrigeration
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup simple syrup (see Limoncello recipe)
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 4 to 6 large lemons
- 10 mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Wedge of lime for garnish
- 1 shot Limoncello, about (1.5 oz) per glass
- Juice 4 to 6 fresh lemons, enough for 1 cup.
- Finely chop fresh mint.
- Combine in blender simple syrup, 3 to 4 cups water, lemon juice, mint, half tray of ice cubes. Set to pulse.
- Pour into tall glass over ice. Add 1 shot Limoncello, about (1.5 oz) per glass. Stir gently.