A margarita without the prepackaged mix, this sweet, tangy margarita is a refined version of the slushy concoctions served in college bars. Meant for slurping and talking rather than dancing on bar stools.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 4 ounces silver tequila, the good stuff
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier, or any orange-based liquor
- 8 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- ½ orange for rim
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Crushed ice
- Mix the tequila, orange liquor, orange juice, lime juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher. Stir. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Run rim of glass with lime, invert glass and coat the rim with salt.