For a twist on standard hot chocolate, you can add in other flavors like peanut butter. This recipe from Food.com takes a few hours to cook, but once it's ready, you'll have a rich, warm beverage to share with the household, office or party.
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 1-4 hours
• 1 cup powder chocolate milk mix or powder cocoa mix
• 8 cups hot water
• 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
• 1/4 cup peanut butter
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Pour cocoa mix in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
2. Carefully stir in hot water.
3. Stir in chocolate syrup.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or on high for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
5. Whisk in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.