- 1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries
- 1 large orange, preferably seedless
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 1 cup sugar, or to taste
Sort the cranberries, discarding any that are soft or discolored.
Wash the orange well, slice it crosswise, and remove any seeds.
Combine the berries, orange slices, nuts and 1⁄2 cup sugar in a food processor and chop to a crumbly texture.
Transfer to a bowl, let stand for 30 minutes to allow the sugar to combine with the fruit, and add more sugar to taste.
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min
Good to know
- Leek and Potato Soup
- Cider-Brined Roast Stuffed Turkey with Giblet Gravy
- Rye Bread and Apple Stuffing
- Mixed Rice Jambalaya
- Cranberry-Orange Relish
- Maggie Klein’s Squash Gratin with Garlic and Olive Oil
The Microbrew Lover’s Cookbook
From The Microbrew Lover’s Cookbook, Copyright © 2002 by Jay Harlow. Used by arrangement with Jay Harlow.
Photo: Shoot Art, Not Each Other/Flickr