15 frustrating things I've said to my boys about food
- Did you just eat three bagels for breakfast?
- Corn and potatoes don’t count as vegetables. Yes, I know they’re vegetables, but let’s pretend they’re not.
- You asked me to buy that cantaloupe. Why aren’t you eating the cantaloupe?
- I know you just woke up, but it’s not breakfast if it’s 2 p.m.
- Yes, you do have time to eat before you go out.
- Why are you getting on your bike to go get something to eat at 4:30? We’re having dinner at 6.
- One pea does not mean you’ve eaten your vegetables.
- I bought 10 yogurts just yesterday. Where are they all?
- You used to love my meatballs. When did you stop liking my meatballs?
- Yes, we do have plenty to drink in this house. It’s called water.
- Why is this perfectly good apple in the trash?
- You can’t find the cut-up fruit that’s front and center in the fridge, but you have no problem finding the tiny bottle of ginger ale I have hidden way in the back that I keep for my favorite cocktail. I bet if I hid it in the vegetable crisper, you’d never find it.
- What do you mean you don’t remember how to scramble an egg? Yes, you do.
- How can you only like corn on the cob every other summer?
- No, I am not ordering Chinese food. (I’ve said this one several times each week.)
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.