Zucchini is still growing like a weed this time of year, and it would be a shame to waste it. Zucchini is nutritious with its wealth of potassium (1 cup gives you more than three times the amount of potassium as the typical supplement!), and vitamin A and lutein and zeaxanthin — which can help protect the eyes from macular degeneration and other vision problems.
Because zucchini is mild, it takes on other flavors well, which is why it is so versatile. I've even been known to throw a small peeled zucchini into a smoothie! It's so mild no one even notices it.
Of course, if you end up with a large zucchini, you can always use it to ward off bear attacks. (No joke, this Montana woman did!)
If you need new ideas on how to use up this nutritious and delicious vegetable, check out the following zucchini recipe ideas:
1. Ribbon Carrot and Zucchini Salad with Basil: Long "ribbons" made with a vegetable peeler are flavored with basil and a simple homemade dressing.
2. Corn and Zucchini Medley: This simple sauté is flavorful and bursting with summer produce.
3. Zucchini de Provence: A baked zucchini dish flavored with herbes de Provence.
4. Bacon and Summer Vegetable Medley: Bacon makes everything taste better, including summer vegetables.
5. Zucchini Loaf: This recipe makes five small loaves – perfect for sharing.
6. Herbed Zucchini Soup: A simple soup to enjoy summer flavors.
7-10. 4 personal favorite recipes for zucchini: gluten-free Zucchini Millet Muffins, Raw Zucchini Chips, Simple Zucchini and Onions, and Creamy (Creamless) Zucchini Soup are just four of favorite ways to use up zucchini.
10-15. Robin shares five flavorful and creative recipes to use up zucchini here. The recipes for Zucchini Hummus, Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies, and others will keep you creative with zucchini!