3 eco-improved adult hot beverages
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup organic butter
- 2 cups organic vanilla ice cream
- Papagayo organic rum
- Cook sugars and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted (6-8 min).
- Combine cooked mixture with ice-cream in a large mixing bowl, and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until smooth (1-2 min). If not serving immediately, mixture can be frozen for up to one month.
- For each serving, fill one-quarter of a mug with mixture, add one ounce rum and three-quarters of a cup of boiling water. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 1 oz organic vodka like Blue Ice American or Rain
- 4 to 5 oz organic or local apple cider
- ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- 1 organic apple
- caramel apple dipping sauce
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add vodka, cider and a dash of cinnamon. Shake.
- Strain into a saucepan or microwave-safe container. Heat until hot but not boiling.
- Rim a mug with powdered sugar. Pour cider mixture in.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon and an apple slice that has been coated with caramel sauce.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.