3 more eco-improved hot beverages
- 8 ounces of prepared strong black organic tea
- 2 1/2 ounces organic sugar
- 16 ounces of organic or local red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- One cinnamon stick
- Rind of one lemon
- Boil the tea, lemon rind, sugar, cinnamon and cloves together until the sugar dissolves. Add the red wine and bring to a boil.
- Strain out cinnamon stick and the rind.
- Add more sugar if desired.
- 1 1/4 oz organic gin such as Tru2 or CapRock
- 3/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz boiling water
- 1 tsp organic sugar
- cinnamon stick for garnish
- Place all ingredients except cinnamon stick in a wine goblet or other glass that can withstand boiling water.
- Stir well.
- 1 cup rum – Papagayo makes an organic rum
- 4 cups organic or local apple cider
- 1 cup organic cranberry juice
- 1 cup organic orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 oranges
- 4 cloves
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Do not boil.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.