5 tips for safe packaged ice
- The bag must be properly closed and secure without drawstring ties
- Ice should be clear, odorless, and tasteless
- The bag should have a product code for traceability
- The bag must be free of any foreign objects or particles
- The bag must have the manufacturer's name, address and phone number
Over the next few weeks, many of us will be having end-of-summer and Labor Day celebrations. When you’re planning yours, make sure that you take the safety of the ice that you serve into consideration as well as the safety of the food you’re serving.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.