I love asparagus for many reasons. First, it is a healthy vegetable — it has many antioxidants, vitamins (like vitamin K), and fiber. But it is also delicious served as a side, or when used as a star ingredient in many spring dishes. I wasn't a big fan of asparagus until I started roasting it, but then I really fell in love with it. We have had a happy relationship since as I have experimented using it in many different recipes.
The following recipes may help you fall in love with asparagus yourself, if you haven't already.
1. Simple Asparagus Soup: Watch this video to learn how to make a quick and easy creamy asparagus soup.
2. Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Sauce and Mushrooms: This is one of my all-time favorite ways to prepare asparagus. I could eat it every day for a month easily.
3. Grilled Asparagus with Onions: Like roasting, asparagus does well when grilled as it draws out the sweeter flavors.
4. Asparagus Soup with Gremolata: Another simple soup, but with a tangy addition of a gremolata on top. This simple addition adds so much flavor to an otherwise mild soup!
5. Asparagus Guacamole: If you are looking for an unusual way to make asparagus, why not try this version of guacamole?
6. Shaved Asparagus with Parmesan Vingraitte: This raw asparagus salad sounds so refreshing and delicious!
7. Spring Vegetable Pappardelle: This dish would make a fine celebration of spring.
Do you have any favorite asparagus recipes to share?
Plus more recipes on MNN:
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.