BPA may contribute to obesity in girls
- Avoid canned foods unless the cans specifically say they are BPA free
- Avoid using plastic containers unless they specifically say they are BPA free
- Never use plastics in the microwave
- Store your foods in glass containers
- Make sure your reusable water bottles are BPA-free; stainless steel is best
- Be especially cautious with plastics that have the recycling number 7 on the bottom; that is the type of plastic that most often contains BPA
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.