Calling all canning pros and newbies for Can-It-Forward Day
International Can-It-Forward Day is August 16
- Can-It-Forward Day TV – Broadcast live from Brooklyn Borough Hall in Brooklyn, NY, Bravo’s Top Chef judge and chef Hugh Acheson will host the event. There will be several canning demos and viewer questions answered in real-time by Acheson and other experts. One of the experts will be my canning inspiration and friend Marisa McLellan of Food In Jars. At 11 AM ET, she’ll be demonstrating how to make Peach Sriracha Jam.
- Home canning parties – Trying a new culinary challenge with a friend or several friends often takes the fear out of it. Ball has plenty of resources to help you plan a home canning party including recipes, an intro-to-canning guide, and printable canning labels.
- Local farmers market celebrations – Markets across the U.S. will be participating with demonstrations.
- 'Preserving by the Pint' features seasonally-focused, small-batch canning recipes
- Video: Canning tomatoes
- Kitchen garden harvest: A history of pickling at home
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.