This week, she’s showing us how to make a Cajun chicken breast. She uses crushed croutons as a breading for the chicken (and she looks like she’s having a lot of fun pounding those croutons!)
A suggestion if you’re going to crush your own croutons. Instead of using a Ziploc baggie that you’ll use once and throw away, reuse a lining bag from a box of cereal or crackers.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
- *chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1-1.5 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- seasoned croutons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a bowl, mix the flour and cajun seasoning thoroughly
- Coat the raw chicken breasts with the flour mixture on both sides
- In a separate bowl create an egg wash: Combine one egg with a little water and beat until frothy
- Create a chicken breading: Put the croutons into a zip-lock bag and crush them until they become fine crumbs
- Empty the crumbs into a third bowl
- Take the flour-coated chicken breasts and cover with the egg wash on both sides
- Toss the same chicken breasts into the bread crumbs until coated on both sides
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil with 1 tbsp of butter into a sauté pan
- Place the breaded chicken breasts into the pan
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side
- Plate the chicken and enjoy!
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.