I used crimini mushrooms in my sauce. They are darker and richer in flavor than regular white button mushrooms, but button mushrooms would have worked fine for this, too. I also used one of my cooking prep shortcuts and used jarred minced garlic instead of fresh. As I’ve said before, when I’m trying to throw together a meal on a weeknight, I usually reach for jarred garlic instead of fresh.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time:35 minutes
- *chicken breasts
- olive oil
- garlic pepper
- sliced onions
- sliced mushrooms
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a hot pan on medium to medium-high heat
- Add onions to the pan and sauté for 5-8 minutes (until slightly brown and tender)
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add sage, salt and garlic pepper
- Add 1/2 cup of cream to the vegetable mixture
- Put the pan on high heat and cook for about five minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts and enjoy!
Take a look at Chef A as show prepares this easy, creamy mushroom chicken. You may just find yourself making it for dinner tonight, too.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.