Parsnips, according to Chef A, are kind of like a cross between a carrot and a potato with a light hint of ginger flavor. They are high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, and potassium. It seems like Chef A really knows how to choose the power foods for her soups.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time:40 minutes
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp curry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil, carrots, parsnips, onion, garlic and ginger
- Cook the vegetables over medium to medium-high head for 5-8 minutes (or until tender)
- Check to see if the vegetables are "fork tender" (see video)
- Add the chicken (or vegetable) stock to the pot
- Bring up to a boil and let cook for 10 minutes
- Add the curry seasoning, salt and pepper
- Ladle the soup into a blender
- Add the cream and blend until the soup is smooth
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with cilantro and sour cream, enjoy!
Like her other soups, this is one that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Take a look.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.