Father's Day meals: Shrimp on the barbie
- 28 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 28 sea scallops
- 1/2 cup butter
- 7 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Melt butter in a small saucepan.
Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and paprika to butter.
Set aside 1/3 of the marinade for basting.
Marinate the shrimp in the remaining marinade for one hour — turning occasionally.
Thread shrimp and scallops on skewers.
Grill uncovered over medium-hot heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
Brush with marinade, then continue to cook another 8 minutes or so until shrimp are pink and scallops are opaque.
- Since I didn’t use scallops, I halved the marinade recipe and it turned out fine. You could of course, do 56 shrimp in the full batch of marinade if you omit the scallops.
- Many of the reviewers on allrecipes.com said the marinade didn’t do much for scallops, but everyone raved about how it worked with the shrimp.
- I served the shrimp with a side of rice and some sautéed onion, zucchini, and squash.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.